- Avi Kumin trains attorneys in disability and medical, family and leave law
Avi Kumin was a speaker at the employment law training for pro bono attorneys held by the D.C. Bar Association and the D.C. Employment Justice Center. Mr. Kumin trained attorneys about the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- KMB Files Nuclear Whistleblower Complaint Against Southern Nuclear Company
Debra S. Katz, David J. Marshall and Nicole J. Williams filed a whistleblower retaliation complaint with the U.S. Department of Labor on behalf of Michael Smith, a nuclear engineer at the Joseph M. Farley Nuclear Plant. Smith’s complaint, filed with the United States Department of Labor, alleges that Southern has…
- The Legal Times publishes Avi Kumin’s commentary on a Supreme Court discrimination case
The Legal Times publishes Avi Kumin’s commentary on a Supreme Court discrimination case recently accepted for review by the Supreme Court. Mr. Kumin writes that effective enforcement of laws prohibiting racial discrimination will depend upon the Court upholding the right to bring retaliation claims under federal statute Section 1981 of…
- The Washington Post reports on letter sent by Debra S. Katz to Fred Fielding, White House Counsel
The Washington Post quoted from Ms. Katz’s letter to Mr. Fielding concerning Special Counsel Scott Bloch’s obstruction of the investigation of the OPM IG into allegations of prohibited personnel practices and other serious violations of federal law by Bloch, including retaliation against employees who disputed his policies. See: That Whistle’s…
- Letter sent by Debra Katz to Fred Fielding
Congressional Daily reports on letter sent by Debra S. Katz to Fred Fielding, White House Counsel. See news article: Watchdog Groups Oppose More Money for Special Counsel Congressional Daily See: Letter to Fred Fielding dated October 9, 2007
- The New York Post quotes Debra S. Katz
The New York Post quotes Debra S. Katz about the impact the Isiah Thomas verdict will have for other sexual harassment litigants.
- Debra Katz was selected as one of the nation’s top employment lawyers and civil rights lawyers
The Washington Post Magazine published the results of the Washington DC Area’s Best Lawyers excerpted from the 2008 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, the preeminent guide to the legal profession in the United States. Debra S. Katz was selected as one of the nation’s top employment lawyers and…
- The National Law Journal quotes Debra S. Katz concerning two employment discrimination cases before the U.S. Supreme Court during the 2007-2008 term.
The National Law Journal quotes Debra S. Katz concerning two employment discrimination cases before the U.S. Supreme Court during the 2007-2008 term. (Subscribers only)
- KMB sponsors National Breast Cancer Coalition’s Second Annual Strike Breast Cancer Bowling Challenge.
KMB sponsors National Breast Cancer Coalition’s Second Annual Strike Breast Cancer Bowling Challenge.
- Retailer loses federal appeal
by June Arney, Sun reporter Woodlawn-based BlueHippo might face more lawsuits BlueHippo Funding LLC, a Woodlawn-based company that has sparked consumer complaints nationwide for allegedly overcharging or failing to deliver electronic goods to customers, may face additional lawsuits after a federal appeals court ruling this week. The 4th U.S. Circuit…