- Political Battles Expected to Overshadow OSC Reauthorization
Debra S. Katz, counsel for current and former employees of the Office of Special Counsel who have filed a complaint against Scott Bloch, OSC Special Counsel, is quoted by the Federal Times in connection with the OSC reauthorization hearings. According to Katz, “We believe that it is obvious that Mr.…
- Cell-Phone Woes
U.S. News & World Report quotes KMB attorney David J. Marshall in an article on cellular phone companies’ growing practice of requiring customer to extend their contracts as a condition of upgrading their plans.
- Troubled Waters At the Salon Spa
KMB attorneys Debra S. Katz, Ari Wilkenfeld and Justine Andronici prosecute a sexual harassment suit filed against Andre Chreky and his Salon. The Washington Post featured a Style Section article about the lawsuit noting that “Two Ex-Employees Present a Very Different Image of Andre Chreky. For a decade, Andre Chreky’s…
- Ms. Magazine published an article, “Court Gives OK to Unequal Pay,” by KMB attorney Justine Andronici.
Ms. Magazine published an article, “Court Gives OK to Unequal Pay,” by KMB attorney Justine Andronici. The article described Ledbetter v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber, as well as the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision in that case. Ledbetter discovered that she was paid less than her male counterparts at Goodyear, but…
- David Marshall serves as a panelist for a D.C. Bar CLE Program course, “Employment Mediation”
Katz, Marshall and Banks partner David Marshall served on a panel, “Employment Mediation,” for a D.C. Bar CLE Program course in Washington, D.C.
- David Marshall serves as a panelist for the West Virginia Association for Justice Annual Convention
Katz, Marshall and Banks partner David Marshall served on a panel – “Whistleblowers: Can a Whistleblower Get Justice? Can Her Lawyer Get Paid?” – during the West Virginia Association for Justice Annual Convention in Charleston, West Virginia.
- Whistleblowers: Can a Whistleblower Get Justice? Can Her Lawyer Get Paid?
A brief overview of whistleblower litigation before the U.S. Department of Labor, written by David J. Marshall. Read the full article here.
- Conducting Bullet-proof Internal HR Investigations
Debra S. Katz was a speaker at the D.C. Bar’s Labor and Employment Law Section seminar “Conducting Bullet-proof Internal HR Investigations.”
- The Poverty Business
Business Week magazine interviews KMB client Vincent Humphries for its cover story on “The Poverty Business: Inside U.S. Companies’ Audacious Drive to Extract More Profits from the Nation’s Working Poor.” Humphries is a named plaintiff in KMB’s class-action lawsuits against computer sales company BlueHippo Funding, LLC. In the article, which…
- Debra S. Katz speaks at a Whistleblower Protection Seminar
Debra S. Katz spoke at the D.C. Whistleblower Week — Whistleblower Law & Protections seminar in Washington, D.C.