- The New York Post quotes Debra S. Katz
The New York Post quotes Debra S. Katz about the impact the Isiah Thomas verdict will have for other sexual harassment litigants.
- Debra Katz was selected as one of the nation’s top employment lawyers and civil rights lawyers
The Washington Post Magazine published the results of the Washington DC Area’s Best Lawyers excerpted from the 2008 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, the preeminent guide to the legal profession in the United States. Debra S. Katz was selected as one of the nation’s top employment lawyers and…
- The National Law Journal quotes Debra S. Katz concerning two employment discrimination cases before the U.S. Supreme Court during the 2007-2008 term.
The National Law Journal quotes Debra S. Katz concerning two employment discrimination cases before the U.S. Supreme Court during the 2007-2008 term. (Subscribers only)
- KMB sponsors National Breast Cancer Coalition’s Second Annual Strike Breast Cancer Bowling Challenge.
KMB sponsors National Breast Cancer Coalition’s Second Annual Strike Breast Cancer Bowling Challenge.
- Retailer loses federal appeal
by June Arney, Sun reporter Woodlawn-based BlueHippo might face more lawsuits BlueHippo Funding LLC, a Woodlawn-based company that has sparked consumer complaints nationwide for allegedly overcharging or failing to deliver electronic goods to customers, may face additional lawsuits after a federal appeals court ruling this week. The 4th U.S. Circuit…
- BlueHippo Loses Appeal on Arbitration Clause
The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond has dismissed an appeal by BlueHippo in a class-actions lawsuit challenging the company’s business practices. BlueHippo’s appeal had sought to force all customers nationwide to pursue their claims through individual arbitration proceedings, even if they had never signed arbitration agreements. KMB’s David…
- Federal Court Strikes BlueHippo’s Arbitration Clause
by Joseph S. Enoch, ConsumerAffairs.Com Decision opens the door to class action suits against the company Federal Courts have dealt a blow to BlueHippo Funding by dismissing the company’s attempt to force all of its customers to take their complaints to arbitration, opening the door to class-action lawsuits. The company,…
- Press Release: Nuclear Plant Worker Files Whistleblower Lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Alabama
Fired Foreman Alleges Retaliation for Reporting Safety Violations at Brown’s Ferry Plant Washington, D.C. – James Speegle, a former construction foreman at the Tennessee Valley Authority’s Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant, filed a whistleblower lawsuit today against a TVA contractor in federal court in Huntsville, Alabama. Speegle’s lawsuit alleges that Stone…
- Blowing the Whistle on Accounting Fraud: The Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower Protections at a Glance
KMB partner David J. Marshall and senior associate Nicole J. Williams white paper on SOX and accounting fraud. Read the full paper here.
- Complainants against Scott Bloch, OSC Special Counsel
Debra S. Katz, counsel for current and former employees of the Office of Special Counsel who have filed a complaint against Scott Bloch, OSC Special Counsel, is quoted by The New York Times in its profile of Special Counsel Scott Bloch. According to Katz, Bloch “came into this agency, dismantled…