- Ms. Magazine published an article, “Court Gives OK to Unequal Pay,” by KMB attorney Justine Andronici.
Ms. Magazine published an article, “Court Gives OK to Unequal Pay,” by KMB attorney Justine Andronici. The article described Ledbetter v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber, as well as the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision in that case. Ledbetter discovered that she was paid less than her male counterparts at Goodyear, but…
- David Marshall serves as a panelist for a D.C. Bar CLE Program course, “Employment Mediation”
Katz, Marshall and Banks partner David Marshall served on a panel, “Employment Mediation,” for a D.C. Bar CLE Program course in Washington, D.C.
- David Marshall serves as a panelist for the West Virginia Association for Justice Annual Convention
Katz, Marshall and Banks partner David Marshall served on a panel – “Whistleblowers: Can a Whistleblower Get Justice? Can Her Lawyer Get Paid?” – during the West Virginia Association for Justice Annual Convention in Charleston, West Virginia.
- Whistleblowers: Can a Whistleblower Get Justice? Can Her Lawyer Get Paid?
A brief overview of whistleblower litigation before the U.S. Department of Labor, written by David J. Marshall. Read the full article here.
- Conducting Bullet-proof Internal HR Investigations
Debra S. Katz was a speaker at the D.C. Bar’s Labor and Employment Law Section seminar “Conducting Bullet-proof Internal HR Investigations.”
- The Poverty Business
Business Week magazine interviews KMB client Vincent Humphries for its cover story on “The Poverty Business: Inside U.S. Companies’ Audacious Drive to Extract More Profits from the Nation’s Working Poor.” Humphries is a named plaintiff in KMB’s class-action lawsuits against computer sales company BlueHippo Funding, LLC. In the article, which…
- Debra S. Katz speaks at a Whistleblower Protection Seminar
Debra S. Katz spoke at the D.C. Whistleblower Week — Whistleblower Law & Protections seminar in Washington, D.C.
- BlueHippo Agrees to Settlement
KMB’s David J. Marshall tells the Baltimore Sun that a settlement between the Maryland Attorney General and computer sales company BlueHippo Funding will have little effect on the class-action lawsuit that KMB and The Sturdevant Law Firm are prosecuting against the company in Federal Court in California. Marshall points out…
- The 40th Annual Pacific Coast Labor and Employment Law Conference
Debra S. Katz was a speaker at the 40th Annual Pacific Coast Labor and Employment Law Conference in Seattle, Washington. Ms. Katz spoke about the law of retaliation.
- On Your Side: Blue Hippo
ABC-7 TV News’s consumer reporter Ross McLaughlin features evidence submitted by KMB attorneys David J. Marshall and Gary Peller in class-action lawsuit against BlueHippo Funding in a “Seven on Your Side” story on the computer sales company. In a comprehensive report that probing BlueHippo Funding’s unfair and deceptive business practices,…